Amazon Science is seeking funding proposals related to foundation model development, including enhancements for dialogue, factional questioning and answering, text generation, document summarisation, image generation and more.
Funding requested should be enough to support 1 – 2 postgraduate students or a postdoctoral researcher for 12 months, plus some conference travel and equipment.
Proposed projects should both critique and enhance the state-of-the-art in foundation models, including but not limited to:
- Reinforcement learning with human feedback
- Scaling laws and their inverse, including for model fine-tuning
- Novel datasets and training methods
- Distillation with enhanced reasoning
- Foundation models in novel modalities and domains, such as biology, manufacturing, fashion, etc
- Bias detection and mitigation throughout the foundation model lifecycle
Submissions are due 6 March 2024.