Under the Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) Funding Initiative, ARENA will distribute up to $30M to support the development of a sustainable aviation fuel industry with production from renewable feedstocks in Australia.
Examples of the types of activities which may be funded include:
- Commercial or pre-commercial scale engineering feasibility, front-end-engineering-design (FEED) studies or other project development activities.
- Pilot-scale or pre-commercial demonstrations of novel technologies that have a demonstrable pathway to produce SAF.
- Demonstration of novel and scalable approaches to establishing the supply chain required in a future SAF industry.
Any research components must be above TRL 3.
Awarded grants are expected to be above $100,000 with at least matching funding typically expected.
Application is by an Expression of Interest process, with eligible EoIs invited to submit a full application. This invitation to apply is expected to be issued by early February 2024.
Applicants must have an ABN and be one of
- an Australian incorporated entity
- a Commonwealth entity prescribed as a government business entity
- a Australian State or Territory owned corporation (or subsidiary thereof)
- an Australian local government or council
Expressions of Interest can be submitted any time between now and 1 November 2023.
An information webinar of the program will be held 12:00PM (AEST), Monday 17 July 2023. Register here.