The SPCE program seeks to develop radiation-tolerant high-voltage transistors with high performance and the integration technology to enable compact, high conversion ratio POL converters for space applications.
Specific SPCE program goals are:
- realizing integrated radiation-tolerant high-voltage transistors with performance better than state-of-the-art (SOTA) wide bandgap semiconductor (WBGS) high-voltage devices for non-radiation environments,
- employing these transistors to demonstrate a 48 V-to-1 V radiation-tolerant POL converter with over eighty five percent efficiency at 50 A output current,
- achieving power density greater than 500 W/in3.
To achieve the SPCE program objectives, performers in this program should be prepared to address two key Technical Challenges (TCs):
- Achieving a high-performance high-voltage transistor that is radiation tolerant.
- Achieving a low-loss, high-high voltage integrated circuit technology that is radiation tolerant.
Abstracts due 18 October 2022; full proposals due 6 December 2022