Run on behalf of the British Army in support of the Future Collective Training System (FCTS), this competition seeks to help the British Army transform its training systems to deliver a more realistic representation of the real world, especially of the human terrain.
British Army doctrine describes this human terrain as A3E: Audiences, Actors, Adversaries and Enemies.
- Audiences are those groups and individuals whose perceptions and interpretation of events and subsequent behaviour contribute to the success or otherwise of military action.
- Actors are those individuals or groups who take action or directly exert influence. They include British forces and allies, as well as others who are friendly, neutral or hostile.
- Adversaries are a hostile sub-set of actors; those groups and individuals who seek to prevent friendly forces from achieving their objectives.
- Enemies are those who seek to oppose friendly forces through armed, lethal means.
This Themed Competition seeks innovations that deliver scalable, configurable, consistent and seamless representation of A3E behaviours across the Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) environments.
This challenge does not anticipate proposals that only focus on the provision of live “players”.
– Submissions due 2 May 2023