DASA is seeking proposals for novel ideas to enhance the performance and/or reduce the size, mass and volume of the following system and sub system areas associated with laser and RF Directed Energy Weapons:
- Laser and RF Source technology:
- Fibre technology
- Antenna design
- System automation:
- Target recognition
- Aim-point selection
- Target prioritisation
- Engagement management
- Advanced power and cooling technologies that can be ultimately integrated onto military platforms
- Beam control
- Fine pointing and tracking
- Operation in adverse environmental conditions
- Target detection
- Small non-cooperative targets
- Battle Damage indication
- Test and evaluation
- The ability to characterise the effect achieved remotely and on small agile targets in real time.
- Generic diagnostic tools and techniques for characterising the Directed Energy Weapon’s beam.
Successful projects will run for up to 12 months with budgets of £50 – £200,00, although up to £500,000 may be available for outstanding projects. Project outputs are to be between TRL 2 and 6.
This call is made under the Open Call for Innovation for an unknown number of competition. First Completion dues on 29 November 2023 while the second competiotion dues on 6 March 2024.