ARI is seeking white papers under the Broad Agency Announcement for Basic, Applied and Advanced Scientific Research (W911NF-23-S-0010).
Self-Development Decision-Making in Army Officers
- up to USD$500,000 over 2 years. Initial 12 month phase (USD$250,000) plus 1 optional sequential 12 month phase (USD$250,000)
- White papers due 8 December 2023.
- BAA Topic II A.2 – b.ii: Multifaceted Development Pathways for Organizational and Strategic leaders
- Research objective – to provide a better understanding of how Army leaders subjectively value self-development opportunities and identify recommended courses of action to enhance the timing and design of self-development opportunities and messages for Army leaders.
Theories of Self-Regulated Learning
- Typically USD$750,000 over 2 – 3 years
- White papers due 5 January 2024.
- BAA Topic I: Basic research Areas of Interest
- Research objective – to develop ecologically valid theories and models of adult self-regulated learning that better explain under what conditions and through what mechanisms self-regulated learning can be optimized over a sustained period of time. Proposed work should have the potential to advance self-regulated learning theory, particularly in some of the following areas:
• Ecologically valid in situ self-regulation
• Sustained self-regulation over time
• Self-regulation of multiple learning goals (with other competing demands)
• Self-regulated learning to develop interpersonal and soft skills
• Self-regulated learning of higher-order capabilities (e.g., systems thinking, strategic thinking, thinking in time)
• Self-regulated learning for leader development
- Sources Sought Notice – Self-Development Decision-making in Army Officers
- Sources Sought Notice – Theories of Self-Regulated Learning
- Broad Agency Announcement for Basic, Applied and Advanced Scientific Research: W911NF-23-S-0010