- Funding Level 1 – up to USD$250,000 over 2 years
- Funding Level 2 – up to USD$750,000 over 3 years
- Funding Level 3 – up to USD$1M over 3 years
- Letters of Intent due 15 August 2023
- Funding Level 1 – supports exploratory, high risk/high-reward research that is in the earliest stages of idea development.
- Funding Level 2 – supports the advancement of more mature research toward clinical translation.
- Funding Level 3 – supports research with a translational research component and a related pilot clinical trial component
- All research proposals must address one or more of the Focus Areas
- Tinnitus or vestibular-related research is excluded
HRRP Focus Areas
- Improvement and acceleration of the translation of biological regeneration/repair mechanisms into clinical applications. Research addressing the damage, repair, and regeneration of the auditory system after military-relevant injuries is strongly encouraged.
- Development of diagnostic tests that differentiate sensory, neural, synaptic, and central processing disorders, that may inform applicability and outcomes for current or future hearing restoration therapeutics.
- Development of reliable in-vitro human models to facilitate the understanding, derivation, and characterization of human auditory cells, and/or to facilitate the evaluation of hearing restoration therapies