Idea Development Award – W81XWH-22-PCARP-IDA – up to USD$500,000 over 3 years, or USD$650,000 when includes ECR principal investigator – Supports new ideas that represent innovative, high-risk/high-gain approaches to pancreatic cancer research and have the potential to make an important contribution to one or more of the FY22 PCARP Focus Areas.
Translational Research Partnership Award – W81XWH-22-PCARP-TRPA – up to USD$750,000 over 3 years – Supports partnerships between clinicians and laboratory scientists that accelerate ideas in pancreatic cancer into clinical applications. Must address at least one of the FY22 PCARP Focus Areas. Supports translational correlative studies. Retrospective tissue analysis, correlative studies, or small pilot clinical studies are permitted.
2022 PCARP Focus Areas
- Early detection research for pancreatic cancer, including the prevalence in individuals with pre-diabetes and diabetes and/or those in underserved ethnic and minority communities
- Supportive care interventions, patient-reported outcomes, quality of life, and perspectives during treatment and survivorship
- Understanding the relationship between metabolic disruptions in pancreatic cancer and their systemic effects, including diabetes and cachexia
- Understanding precursors, origins, and early progression of pancreatic cancer
- Understanding the events that promote pancreatic cancer metastasis
- Understanding the relationship between oncogenic signaling and the tumor microenvironment that drives drug resistance and therapeutic response
- New drug development targeted toward cancer sensitivity and resistance mechanisms including immune mechanisms of resistance
– pre-applications close 8 July 2022