USD$750,000 – $USD$6M is expected to be awarded for R&D projects of 24 – 36 months duration, depending on the topic area being investigated.
- Hydrogen Carrier Development – novel hydrogen carriers and hydrogen carrier hydrogenation/dehydrogenation catalysts and catalyst supports with the goal of providing quantitative cost and performance advantages over conventional compressed gas or liquid hydrogen (LH2) systems.
- Onboard Storage Systems for Liquid Hydrogen – development of LH2 storage vessels and the required balance-of-plant hardware to enable low-cost, energy dense LH2 storage onboard medium- and heavy-duty (MD/HD) transportation applications.
- Liquid Hydrogen Transfer/Fueling Components and Systems – develop LH2 transfer and vehicular fueling technologies and approaches to enable high-flow LH2 transfers and/or LH2
fueling for MD and HD transportation applications.
- M2FCT: High Performing and Durable Membrane Electrode – develop membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) that will reduce the cost and enhance the durability and performance of proton-exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell stacks for MD/HD applications. Assemblies for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Applications
– Concept papers due 24 February 2023