NAVAIR is seeking white papers for R&D which may include but is not limited to, rapid prototyping, demonstration and experimentation projects that offer potential for advancements and improvements in Integrated Warfighting Capability across the Naval Aviation Mission Areas supporting Naval Operations.
NAVAIR is interested in rapidly prototyping projects that use mature and innovative technologies to address warfighting capability gaps, mitigate Risk to Mission or Risk to Force and accelerate development and test of material and non-material solutions.
Interest areas include:
Joint and Naval Aviation Mission Areas
- Surface Warfare (SUW)
- Strike Warfare (STW)
- Air Warfare (AW)
- Anti-submarine Warfare (ASW)
- Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Mobility (MOB)
- Logistics (LOG)
Key Capability Focus Areas
- Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA)
- Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Cyber, Intelligence,
Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR)
- Counter-C5ISR and Targeting
- Maritime ISR (MISR)
- Unmanned Carrier Aviation
- Manned-Unmanned Teaming
- Carrier Air Wing 4th/5th GEN Integration
- Long Range Fires (including kinetic and non-kinetic effects)
- Weapons Capability & Capacity
- Offensive and Defensive Cyber Operations / Cyber Resilience
- Contested Logistics Environment
Enabling Science and Engineering Areas
- Cyber-Resilient, Secure Communications & Networks
- Avionics, Sensors & Electronic Warfare
- Readiness and Sustainment
- Systems Engineering
- Test and Evaluation Engineering
- Human Systems
- Mission Engineering and Warfare Analysis
White papers of interest will be invited to submit a costed proposal. The funded amount and period of performance of each costed proposal selected for award may vary depending on the research area and the technical approach to be pursued by the proposers selected.
White papers will be accepted on a rolling basis until 30 August 2024. It is expected that received white papers will be reviewed on a quarterly basis.
White papers can be submitted on topics not specifically mentioned in the BAA, but any proposed areas must be logically interconnected to existing BAA topics.
Naval Aviation North Stars Broad Agency Announcement: N00019-23-S-0001