Congratulations to the winners of Innovation Pitchfest 2022:
- Best Presenter – Mr Mat Brown – Starboard Maritime Intelligence
- Devious deviations: Real time automated identification of suspicious vessels.
- Best Overall Innovation – Mr Graeme Speak – BankVault
- Invisible Passwordless Authentication
- Best Maritime Innovation – Prof Sarah Zhang – Western Sydney University
- High performance adhesive materials using innovative nanotechnology for defence infrastructure safety and resilience
Innovation Pitchfest 2022 was held Thursday 12 May as part of the Indo-Pacific International Maritime Exposition in Sydney. Organised by DSI with AMDA Foundation and our ADSUN partners in SA, WA, NSW and Queensland, the event saw a welcome return to in-person presentations and our first New Zealand participants, who stole the show.
Nineteen three-minute pitches were made to a capacity audience, demonstrating Australasian innovation, R&D and collaboration at its finest.
Thank you to all the participants and to our panel of judges who had a very difficult task:
- Commodore Greg Yorke CSC RAN
- Commodore Rachel Durbin, Director-General Navy-Engineering
- Mr John O’Callaghan, Victorian Defence Advocate
- Dr Clint Novotny, Science Director, US Office of Naval Research
- Assoc. Prof Claire Davis, DSI Associate Director, DSI
- Mr Geoff Thomas, Axant Corporate Advisory