By providing a streamlined mobility pathway for early career professionals and demonstrated innovators from the UK to come to Australia, IECSEP will help Australian employers access additional skills to assist with innovation.
1,000 visas will be available under the first year of the program, with 2,000 in the second.
Early Careers Skills stream
- allows participants to undertake a short-term placement or intra-corporate transfer for up to 1 year in Australia
- must be between 21 and 45 years of age
- must hold tertiary qualifications
- must have worked for at least 3 months with the sending organisation
- allows participants with a demonstrated contribution to innovation to undertake opportunities for up to 3 years in Australia
- must be highly experienced and skilled from any sector with a demonstrated contribution in areas including: R&D, renewable energy, AI, medtech, fintech, agritech, audio-visual & cultural industries
Application is by UK citizens, who must have a letter of offer or contract of employment at the time of application.
Applications for the first round will open 25 September 2023.