The Materials Research Society is currently accepting nominations for their Spring Awards:
- Innovation in Materials Characterization – nominations close 1 August 2023 – honors an outstanding advance in materials characterization that notably increases the knowledge of the structure; composition; in situ behavior under outside stimulus; electronic, mechanical or chemical behavior; or other characterization feature of materials.
- Mid-Career Researcher Award – nominations close 1 August 2023 – recognizes exceptional achievements in materials research made by mid-career professionals.
- MRS Impact Award – nominations close 1 August 2023 – honors outstanding individuals who have displayed excellence in areas of science communication, education, advancing diversity, mentoring, or community engagement, which reflect the Society’s pursuit to advance materials science and technology to improve the quality of life.
- Outstanding Early-Career Investigator Award – nominations close 1 August 2023 – recognizes outstanding, interdisciplinary scientific work in materials research by a young scientist or engineer.
- MRS Postdoctoral Award – nominations close 1 August 2023 – recognizes postdoctoral scholars who are showing exceptional promise.
- Graduate Student Awards – nominations close 1 November 2023 – honors and encourages graduate students whose academic achievements and current materials research display a high level of excellence and distinction.
- MRS Fellows – nominations close 1 August 2023 – recognizes as MRS Fellow outstanding members whose sustained and distinguished contributions to the advancement of materials research are internationally recognized.