Entries are now being accepted for the Telespazio Technology Contest, closing 10 December 2023.
Open to individuals and teams from the university sector, both staff and students, the competition supports multidisciplinary ideas, proposals and projects concerning technological themes of strategic importance for Telespazio and Leonardo activities relative to the space domain.
Cash prizes will be awarded in two categories, based on the Technology Readiness Level of the proposed innovation
- Idea – TRL 1 – 3
- Prototype – TRL 4 or above
Additional prizes such as access to accelerator programs and mentoring may also be offered.
Entries must address one of the following technical themes:
- Space Exploration and Extra-terrestrial Exploitation (Systems – including Space Robotics-, Services)
- In Orbit Servicing towards a Circular Economy in Space (Systems – including Space Robotics -, Services)
- Geoinformation Applications, Platforms and Digital Twins for a sustainable Earth (Data, Algorithms, Services)
- Space Domain Awareness for the Protection of Space and Ground Infrastructures (Data, Algorithms, Services)
- Secure and Resilient Communications with future technologies (Technology, Services)
- Positioning, Navigation and Timing Solutions for Earth and other celestial bodies (Systems, Algorithms, Services
Examples of innovation proposals sought include:
- Enabling software technologies which can be integrated at a higher level, and which allow their use in different solutions, environments and scenarios;
- Implementation of physical/mathematical models in tools and algorithms for modelling and simulation of complex operating scenarios;
- high-level architecture view, performance and interfaces among the various system components;
- innovative services based on traditional or innovative architectures and systems