The Defence Science Institute is pleased to advise of a new Australia-wide program launching soon: The Artificial Intelligence for Decision Making Initiative.
The Initiative is a national program formulated to inspire solutions from individuals that will grow Australia’s Artificial Intelligence capability and foster a national network focused on developing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology of significant importance to the Australian defence and national security community.
A wide variety of problems are available covering:
- Natural language - corpus analysis, narrative generation and sentiment analysis;
- Data for machine learning – bias detection and obfuscation of intent on collection;
- Robust analysis and inference using AI techniques;
- The ability to produce contextually appropriate explanations of machine reasoning; and
- A number of abstract problems based on interesting dilemmas that capture features beyond the edge of what AI can easily do.
The Initiative will provide three-month project funding of up to $20,000 for each successful applicant.
For more information click here.
We invite you to circulate this opportunity widely within your networks. In the meantime, you can stay in the loop by following the Defence Science Centre, Defence Science Institute, Defence Innovation Network and the Defence Innovation Partnership on Twitter.